UPCOMING EVENTS - UNIVERSITY PARK
Mark your calendars for these upcoming opportunities to reconnect with fellow alumni and support the mission of THON! To make sure that you are kept up-to-date with all that is happening with DMAIG - fill out our Signup Form to become a member of DMAIG and receive our newsletter!
DMAIG SIGNUP FORM
THON 2024 - February 16-18
RSVP and plan your weekend with THON Weekend alumni events
- Alumni Mixer: Friday, February 16 at 8:30 at Doggie's (no RSVP needed)
- Alumni Tours: Saturday February 17 and Sunday, February 18 (RSVP here)
- Donor & Alumni Reception: Saturday, February 17 from 1-3 pm (RSVP here)
HFC2C Group Meet-ups THON Weekend
Since 2022, Hope From Coast to Coast (HFC2C) has joined with fellow alumni to complete a 13.5 mile group run in State College (to symbolize the 135 miles between the children at Penn State Children's Hospital in Hershey and the Bryce Jordan Center). This year, HFC2C is expanding to include two additional group run/walk lengths: a 4K For Four Diamonds Fun Run, and a 0.46 Mile Walk.
If you will be in State College for THON Weekend, please consider joining our meet-ups to walk, run or jog any distance! Please complete this form to receive more information. There is no registration fee, but those completing 13.5 miles will be asked to fundraise a minimum of $135 to participate.
Alumni Chapter THON Events
Support THON by helping to plan and/or attending one of the many exciting events For The Kids across the country! Click here for a list of Chapter Events.
Keep an eye on social media this fall for information about HFC2C 2024/25!
Hope From Coast to Coast is the Penn State Dance Marathon Alumni Interest Group's (DMAIG) annual fundraising initiative to encourage individual alumni, chapters, and groups to raise funds to continue the fight against childhood cancer. We may not be students anymore, but we can still make a difference, For The Kids! More details to come ... but read about last year's HFC2C here!
Do you want to dance?
Relive the magic of dancing… or experience it for the first time! Discover what it is like to be there for every moment of THON… or do it all again. Each year DMAIG and all Penn State alumni are represented by 3 dancer couples, which could be you! Capture the energy and passion of THON, dance as an alum.
- The 3 couples who raise the most money will be awarded the opportunity to dance in the 3 alumni couple spots in THON 2025. Both dancers must be Penn State alumni.
- Dancer couples must raise a minimum of $3000 per couple to be considered; historically, the minimum raised to be one of the 3 dancer couples has been higher.
- The fundraising window opens July 1 and runs until January 2025.
- If you are interested in competing for an alumni dancer spot next year, please contact the THON Weekend Events Director - firstname.lastname@example.org before fundraising.