Join Your Fellow Alumni to Bring Hope From Coast 2 Coast!
Hope From Coast 2 Coast (HFC2C) is new a virtual run that will take place the week leading up to THON (February 12th – 19th, 2017). Our mission is to inspire Penn State IFC/Panhellenic Dance Marathon (THON) supporters across the country to raise awareness and funds for THON and Four Diamonds in the fight to conquer childhood cancer.
Though the event is virtual, we envision a real community. Once you join a team, you will be invited to the Facebook group where fellow runners and HFC2C participants will share fundraising ideas, training tips, and inspirational stories to help you complete your journey.
There are 4 different distances from which you can choose to run, each of which are represented by one of Christopher Millard’s Four Diamonds.
- Courage Team – 1-mile (Moralers/walkers) – Everyone is invited to be part of the HFC2C community; this event is not only for experienced runners. You can choose to walk a mile with a friend or spread hope and awareness while fundraising for the cause without going anywhere.
- Honesty Team – 5k – 3 miles to get outside and have some fun!
- Strength Team – 46 milers – Students stand for 46 and we run for 46 miles! You have the full week to complete the 46 miles and test your strength.
- Wisdom Team – 135 miler – This distance will be completed as a team, and together, you choose how many miles each of you will run throughout the week. You can sign up and join with friends or be paired up with fellow PSU/THON Alumni from across the country!
For those not familiar What is a Virtual Run is a run/race that can is completed on your own terms. You choose the location and the time. You can run alone or with a group.
We have no required fundraising minimum, however, we encourage each of you to reach $150. The HopeFromCoast2Coast – FundraisingGuide has great tips and tricks to help you exceed this goal. Those who meet the $150 goal will receive a Hope From Coast 2 Coast medal!
The funds we raise help support THON, the Kids, and their families during their battle, while bringing us closer to our ultimate goal –finding a cure for all childhood cancers.
How to Sign Up
To join, go to our Crowdrise page: https://www.crowdrise.com/hopefromcoast2coast
- Choose your team based on the mileage you wish to run by clicking on that team’s page (or go directly to the team pages below)
- Once on the team page, click on the “Join the team” link along the right-hand side of the page.
- After you sign up, a member from DMAIG will email you with more information and a link to our group Facebook page where you will meet your fellow runners to share support, stories, and fundraising tips.
If you have any questions please email:
Darla Zecchin – Darla.Zecchin@gmail.com, Hope From Coast 2 Coast Chair