You were one of the thousands who participated in the Penn State IFC/Panhellenic Dance Marathon. Though your college days are (sadly) behind you, life keeps sending little reminders that you were (and continue to be) an integral part of the great philanthropy that is THON. We Are… Penn State. FTK.
Huge congratulations to this years Dance Marathon AIG 2014 THON Dancers!
Dance Marathon Alumni Interest Group (DMAIG) 2014 Board of Directors Applications are now available and due on April 1st, 2014. If you are interested please download the application by clicking the link below and email your completed application to firstname.lastname@example.org by the end of the day on April 1st, 2014.
There are currently two open positions for the 2014 board:
Regional Events Director
- Responsible for setting the standards for quality events, sharing best practices, meeting and increasing goals, and ultimately boosting alumni contributions to THON
- Provide background and experience as a resource for individuals, groups, chapters, and boards planning events
- Serve as clearinghouse for listserv and other mass communications related to Regional Events
- Compile and maintain event data for tracking progress and reporting, as well as determining advice for improvement and sharing suggestions with other event planners
- Provide reports, entries, and correspondence for the Overall Committee, PSAA, THON, and other submissions for awards, records, recognition, etc.
- Coordinate communications amongst chapters, AIGs, commonwealth campuses and individuals who wish to plan or have planned events in the past
- Explore new ways to drive chapters, AIGs and individuals to plan new events in new areas
Special Projects Coordinator
- Oversee the Alumni Dancer Couple fundraising and selection process
- Coordinate dancer support activities and materials before and during THON Weekend
- Maintain and archive of THON material and history and working on a THON history museum project with the appropriate captain
- Develop a system to collect all past significant documentation relating to DMAIG and maintaining a system to collect the data going forward
- Other special projects as assigned
Did you know that DMAIG gives out two awards every year to THON alumni? At their THON weekend reception, on February 22nd, we will be presenting awards to the Volunteer of the Year and Fundraiser of the Year. These awards were created to recognize the immense amount of time and effort alumni continue to dedicate to THON and the Four Diamonds Fund and highlight the winners accomplishments.
Most of us have stayed connected to the cause, either directly or indirectly and know people who have truly made it their mission to continue to fight pediatric cancer. We ask that you consider nominating a friend, colleague and/or organization that you know continue to support THON and the Four Diamonds Fund in their post-college lives. The process is very quick and in a few minutes you can nominate someone by clicking here.
If you have any additional questions about the DMAIG awards, THON Weekend events or the DMAIG reception itself, please email THON Weekend Director Kelly Dormer at email@example.com.
As a member of the Dance Marathon AIG, you can use our group codes to book your THON weekend hotel. We look forward to seeing you in Happy Valley this February, but be sure to book before the room blocks fill up!
And keep an eye out for more THON weekend info coming soon.
Days Inn, Downtown (Friday only)
**Special DMAIG Group Rate**
(814) 238-8454 Rate: $94 Code: CGLUMS
Nittany Lion Inn (Friday and Saturday)
(814) 865-8500 – Rate: $179 Code: DMAB14A
Do you know someone who has continued to dedicate time, energy, and passion to THON and The Four Diamonds Fund as an alumnus? Is there an organization that deserves recognition for its continued fight to beat pediatric cancer? Consider nominating them for one of our annual DMAIG volunteer awards!
At our THON weekend alumni reception on February 22, the AIG will present our annual awards to one individual and one group or organization who continues to embody the spirit of “FTK.” The nomination period is open now, so you can learn more and nominate a volunteer or group today.
If you have additional questions about the Dance Marathon AIG Awards or other alumni events during THON 2014, please email THON Weekend Director Kelly Dormer.
Currently in the early stages of planning, Mud 4 the Fund is a new race event that will be held August 16, 2014 at Skirmish Fields in Albrightsville, Pennsylvania. By participating in or sponsoring the inaugural Mud 4 the Fund, you will be supporting The Hope Express.
While the Hope Express runners are chosen through a rigorous selection process, this is your chance to join the fight. This mud run has been created so you can stomp out cancer, get muddy and have a great time doing it. As Christopher Millard once wrote, it takes 4 diamonds to beat that evil thing called cancer; Wisdom, Honesty, Courage and Strength. We have obstacles that represent each of those characteristics and when you’re finished, you will have earned your 4 diamonds.
In the coming weeks they will be announcing registration, the course, obstacles and other updates about race day. In the meantime, you can pre-register and save $10 so you can be informed when full registration is open.
This year the Dance Marathon Alumni Interest Group is once again partnering with the Four Diamonds Fund to show our devotion to THON lasts more than just a few years as undergraduates at Penn State. As many of you may recall, we have done similar drives in the past including video game donations and a book drive. This year we really wanted to focus our efforts on helping our Four Diamonds kids to feel more comfortable during their treatment. We have decided to take donations for Chemo Ducks (http://chemoduck.org/about/).
We ask that you please consider donating following the instructions on this page. No amount is too small, and every donation is greatly appreciated. If you have any questions please feel free to contact Melissa Hackett, Four Diamonds Fund Liaison at firstname.lastname@example.org
Click below to donate:
Thank you for all of your help! Always For The Kids!